Online dating apps like Hinge have made it easier than ever to connect with potential partners. However, in the age of privacy concerns, many people are hesitant to share their personal phone numbers with strangers.
This leads to the question: Can you use Google Voice for Hinge, just like you can for Tinder?
This article will explore various options for using texting apps and fake phone numbers with Hinge.
1. Using Google Voice for Hinge
Google Voice is a popular service that provides users with a second phone number for calls, texts, and voicemails. While it’s not specifically designed for bypassing code verifications on dating apps, it can be used for such purposes.
Here are the steps to create a Google Voice account for Hinge verification:
- Visit voice.google.com or download the Google Voice app.
- Choose “For Personal Use.”
- Link your phone number. This number won’t be used for Hinge; it’s just for Google Voice.
- Search for an available number in your area and claim it.
Now you have a fresh phone number that has never been used on Hinge. However, there are some essential things to consider before using a Google Voice number for Hinge:
- Uninstall Hinge from your device.
- Change your Apple ID if you’re using an iOS device.
- Use a VPN to change your IP address to enhance anonymity.
After completing these steps, you can create your new Hinge account, using your unique Google Voice phone number.
2. Does Google Voice Work for Hinge?
Unfortunately, you cannot bypass Hinge verification or a Hinge ban with a Google Voice number. Hinge, like other dating apps, does not accept already-used phone numbers for registering new accounts. This is because Google Voice numbers are public and can be accessed by anyone.
If you initially signed up for Hinge using a Google Voice number, it’s best to stick with that number. Changing it might put your account at risk of being hijacked.
3. Alternatives to Google Voice for Hinge
If Google Voice doesn’t meet your needs or if you’re looking for alternatives, there are other texting apps and services that work with Hinge. These options include:
- TextMe: TextMe is a texting app that provides you with a burner phone number for Hinge and other apps. It allows you to send and receive texts and calls without revealing your real phone number.
- DatingZest Hinge Phone Verification Service: DatingZest offers fake phone numbers for Hinge and other dating apps. These numbers can be used for verification and communication, giving you an extra layer of privacy.
- Burner app: Burner app can also be used for Hinge. It offers fresh, unused phone numbers that are ideal for account creation and verification.
In conclusion, while Google Voice can provide you with a second phone number for Hinge, it may not be the best option due to its public nature. It’s essential to explore other alternatives like TextMe, DatingZest, and Burnerapp, which offer additional privacy and security when using dating apps like Hinge.
Ultimately, the choice of which option to use depends on your individual needs and preferences.