Tinder is a strict online dating service that forces a use of phone numbers to make verification of the codes that they send users or subscribers.
Whether you like it or not, you must verify a phone number, but hey, who said it has to be your real number?
The Solution is: Instead you can get a temporary Tinder phone number and receive your SMS verification.
This brief 6-minute read is going to show you how you can use Tinder without really using a phone number or how to do it with a fake number.
If you have been worried about being able to join Tinder without other users knowing your other social media handles from your number, you are in the right place.
Or we have a definitive guide on Using Tinder without Facebook.
The Tinder Verification Code
This refers to the confirmation set of digits that one gets once they create or try to log in to an existing Tinder account.
Normally, they are a set of 6 numbers sent to the user’s specific phone.
All they do is show that you are a real user and not a hoax. They are the equivalent of the capture-recapture test on websites to prove that you are human.
SMS Tinder Verification (Using Phone Number)
The verification code from Tinder is sent via the SMS service of the user’s phone and on any platform, Android, Iphone or Windows.
A user will need to have his or her SIM card inserted in the phone so as to get a verification code.
It is also important to note that, Tinder sends users this SMS verification code free.
Ways to Verify a Tinder Phone Number
Well, there are other apps that call you or send you an SMS to verify the phone number.
For Tinder, they only work with an SMS service. Therefore, a user needs to have a device that can receive SMS.
- Way number one is to just get an SMS to your phone. This works as normally as any other SMS that you receive.
- The second way is to use a modem connected to your computer and has your SIM card inserted to it. The SMS will come to the computer through your modem device.
You can also use Bluestacks and Nox App players to get your Tinder verification codes.
All that you have to do is to install one of the apps on your PC and install the Messenger app.
After that, you need to assign a number to the Tinder account and receive it from your PC.
How to Register for Tinder without Using your Phone Number and Facebook, the Bypass
If at all you do not want to use your phone number to sign in to Tinder, you can always use your Facebook account.
But what if you neither want to use your phone number nor without your Facebook account, what then?
Various online services allow you to use virtual phone numbers to receive your verification code.
A virtual phone number is one which works online and here is how to use it on Tinder:
Before we start, I would like to mention that this method works best on a PC than on a phone as Tinder reads your device ID and also location. It will work on a phone too but also use PC.
- Open your Tinder whether on phone or PC.
- Access the telephone number login.
- Now, visit this link for a virtual phone number:
- Try to choose a number in your own country because Tinder reads your location for matches.
- Paste the number as your phone number on Tinder.
- You will get your SMS on the website link I shared above. Wait for it to reload.
This is the best trick to log in to Tinder without using your real phone number and Facebook account.
If you ever have a spouse that is cheating on you, you could use this trick to make a temporary Tinder account to track them down
Remember that, on Facebook you can go to your privacy settings and make changes to your account.
That is, do not allow Tinder to be posted alongside your Facebook status or do not share your Facebook photos with Tinder as a profile picture.
You can alter the privacy settings to only set posts visible to, “only me”.
Caution is to be met when using the virtual numbers.
That is, if you have to get Tinder Plus/Gold for free, it is best to use your real number because money transference is a very sensitive issue.
Would Tinder Display Your Phone Number to Users?
No, Tinder does not show users your phone number.
The only way for users to find you is if you connect your other social media handles and those will most probably have a connection to your phone number.
Another way is if a match decides to share your message with someone else where you had inboxed them your number or Whatsapp.
Tinder will not share your number.
Does Tinder Notify Screenshots? Fact that you didn’t know before.
Is it a must to Use Your Real Phone Number for Tinder Verification?
No, it is not necessary to use your real phone number for the Tinder verification.
You could either:
- Use a virtual number.
- Borrow a number from one who has an extra one.
- Use a disposable number that you will not need for long.
Tinder SMS Error
What sort of SMS errors does Tinder give users:
- Errors to do with one having multiple accounts on Tinder (which is next to impossible).
- Errors that are as a result of one not checking their spam folders on email.
- Errors to do with one having multiple email addresses and not providing the true one for verification.
So, in order to stop these errors, a user must:
- Make sure that the SIM card is inserted and the phone is online.
- Check their spam folder on their emails.
- Wait a bit for a verification SMS.
- Not use multiple emails to get the registration code.
- Have only one Tinder account.
Tinder SMS Verification Error
Tinder users experience these SMS verification errors because of one of these reasons:
- You wait for long to get an SMS but instead, a pop-up shows telling you that there was an error requesting a token for verification.
- There was a problem getting your code, Please try again. Even when you use BlueStacks or other app players, the error persists.
- You lack active data connection.
- Your SIM card is not inserted in the phone.
This seems to be a recent problem on Tinder.
The ongoing “possible solution” has been to wait for a few hours.
My solution, just create a new Tinder account from the PC rather than the phone.
This issue could be caused by an inaccuracy in your location especially if you have many apps using Google Maps or simply, your Tinder on the phone does not have access to the location settings.
On a PC, the location is automatic and Tinder easily reads where you are so easily sends your code.
You really can use Tinder without your true phone number.
There are options that I have laid out above and you should use them. They work.
Be careful to remember that if you are going to purchase a premium version of Tinder, you should use your real life number to avoid being a victim of online crime.
Safe Tinder play to you and as always, good luck.